A couple of months ago we made a news concerning the “Flutter Forward conference” which took place in Kenya on the last of January 25th (Stay tuned – Flutter Forward | OMNiceSoft).
This conference introduced new releases, Flutter 3.7 and Dart 2.91.
As always new versions includes new features and optimizations.
The new features include:
- menu bars and cascading menus,
You can have a look by yourself by visiting the following demo page : material_3_demo
- new Material 3,
that can be use by adding :
MaterialApp( theme: ThemeData( useMaterial3: true, ), // … );
- new Impeller rendering engine for iOS apps,
- iOS release validation,
- updates to the DevTools memory debugging tool,
- custom context menus,
- scrolling improvements,
- revamped internalization tools and docs,
- a text magnifier for accessibility,
- improved support for web animations: You can try it with Flutter Holobooth
Also, The Dart 3 stable release is scheduled for launch around mid 2023. An “alpha” version, Dart 3a can be download though.